Rock the Vote!

Tuesday, November 04, 2008


I voted today!! For the first time ever :) YAY!

I cannot even express how good I felt walking out of my polling location this morning with my "I voted" sticker on. For the first time I felt truly blessed to be a part of this country and to be able to vote and exercise our rights. This year has made me realize the big picture and how important it is to vote. I never used to be into politics, but after listening and following the debates, I realize I can no longer let someone else choose for me. As an American citizen, t is my responsibility to be educated on the issues. And now more than ever is the time to get involved. Because it's not the politicians, it's not the president, it's not the Senate or the House of Representatives that make things happen... WE, as the people of the United States of America, can CHOOSE what happens and we together are the ones that can ultimately change the world.

1 lovely comments:

Heather said...

YAY!!! I voted too!

 

Gemini Queen | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates