One Minute Writer

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Happy Wednesday Morning! I was on time for work today- yay for me!!

I was browsing through some blogs that have been highlighted for the week, looking for some inspiration, and finally came across one called One Minute Writer.

What you do is view the posted subject of the day and use 60 seconds to write a response. That's it! It even has a 60 second timer. The point is to show you that you only need 60 seconds a day to practice your writing. You can either comment on the post or write your response on your own blog.

The author of this blog has some really great topics that get your creative juices flowing such as, "If you were on Jeopardy what story would you tell to introduce yourself?" or simple things like, "What is your favorite place to be in your home?"

It reminds me of a creative writing class I took in high school that I really enjoyed. Every day there would be a new topic on the board to journal about for like 5 minutes. I would love to keep using these daily ideas to get better at writing and blogging.

So today I chose to blog about:

"If writing was your career, what would you write about?"

I would definitely write children's books! There are tons of morals and lessons you learn while growing up. I would choose one that I feel passionate about like for example, being yourself or following your heart. I would then draw out some cute and witty animal characters to tell the story and illustrate as well. That would be so fun as a career. How cool would it be to read them to my children some day? My mom always wanted me to be an author/illustrator...

...maybe someday...

3 lovely comments:

Nicki Swilor said...

maybe today....

M and N Tenny said...

You have to know one thing...I LOVE reading your blog! What a good idea, I think you should start writing now!

Heather said...

You totally should... I think you are an amazingly talented artist. I would LOVE to read your book. I think that is what you should do for a christmas present for me... write me a cute and wHitty childrens book that I can cherish and read forever and ever to my children, and my children's childrens.

 

Gemini Queen | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates