My Dream Home Design

Friday, December 05, 2008

Happy Friday everyone!

I'm going to practice my writing again today, especially because I love the prompt.

One Minute Writer's prompt today was on Design:
"You are designing your own house. Describe it."

My home will have a white vinyl exterior with black shutters, cottage style, residing on a quiet tree-lined street somewhere in the country, with lots of trees and a flower garden in the yard. A cobblestone walkway will guide you to the front porch where I can sit out and drink my coffee in the mornings, or maybe paint. The front door will be a dark hunter green with a wreath hanging in front. Warm distressed wood floors will go through the living areas with neutral colors and pops of color in each room, combining old style with the new. The kitchen will have white cabinetry and tan granite counter tops. The ceilings will be tall and there will be a wall of windows overlooking the backyard. There will be big comfy couches and a brick fireplace. And of course lots of style throughout in shades of brown, white and green. It will be comfortable and cozy, somewhere you can just relax and enjoy yourself.

Ok so that was a little more than 60 seconds but I got a little excited there!

Someday this will happen for us... but for now I'm perfectly happy where I'm at :)

0 lovely comments:

 

Gemini Queen | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates