Christmas Cards

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

This year instead of going out and buying Christmas cards I decided to hook up with my crafty friend Brook and make them instead.



Brook is very, very talented when it comes to paper crafts. I knew she would be most helpful because she has given me a card a time or two and I loved them! After looking through all of her past Christmas card ideas I came across the wreath designs. It was so simple!





All you needed was some different colored cardstock. I used red, green, and cream colors for the card, then cut out a dark brown square piece that you glue in the middle. Then you just need to have a variety of different Christmas colored paper in a mix of designs. Luckily for me Brook was generous enough to let me use all her stuff. She had 2 different sized hole punches so you go through all your different paper and punch 'em out. Then arrange them in a circle, glue 'em down, and tie a cute little ribbon and glue that on the top. Easy right?



After doing a lot of these my creative mind started to drift and I just made them up as I went- it was more fun for me that way. This one turned out to be one of my favorites. Doesn't it look like it's got an Old Navy theme to it?

It was so fun to do these, and the best part is that when your family and friends receive them with your hand written note inside they will know you spent some extra time on them.

Hope every has a Merry Christmas!

1 lovely comments:

Nicki Swilor said...

These are so cute! I love the "Old Navy" themed one! Homemade cards are always so fun to get.

 

Gemini Queen | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates