California Trip

Tuesday, December 02, 2008


Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!


I hope you all ate lots and lots of turkey and pie and spent time with your families. There is nothing like being together on the holidays. We definitely had a great time in California. We got to take our little Sammers with us and he had a great time too. I got this picture of him napping after he ate a bowl full of yummy turkey...


Josh's entire family wasn't there so we had a small group- Josh's mom, his step dad, his brother Jarred, and me and Josh. We enjoyed each other's company and in the process we got a little addicted to the Wii bowling game... so addicted that I was recovering from some intense shoulder pain the rest of the trip!! The Roberts clan is VERY competitive with each other so that made it extra fun. We also loved the Wii American Idol and Tennis. I know what I want for Christmas...!

Our last day there me and Josh spent the day with Bob and Liz. Liz and I got pedicures together in the morning and then we all headed to the Swap Meet in San Diego. Look at these beautiful palm trees! Just looking at them makes me feel relaxed.

So I fell in the with the Swap Meet! Kinda like a flea market, everything is pretty cheap. We got all our nieces and nephews Christmas presents and we got ourselves a couple things too. Then we headed off to go see Portside Village right next to the beach. It was beautiful!

Portside Village has so many little shops and restaurants. We bought a San Diego shot glass. I think we'll start collecting those wherever we travel...

The view of the ocean was gorgeous!! I loved feeling the sea's breeze and the humid air. Reminds me of back home...
This is my mother-in-law Liz and her hubby Bob. Aren't they cuuuute!

While walking around San Diego city's sidewalks there are a bunch of entertainer's around. One guy was making roses out of corn stalk and gave some to us! Here we are holding our souvenirs in front of the ocean and the cruise ship about to take off. And below is this crazy dancing dude who is painted silver... even his teeth! He would be a statue and then just start dancing, he even posed for the camera!



What an amazing view!

Snapshot of the waves crashing on the shore.
We went to Anthony's for dinner and the restaurant is literally right on the water. We got a window seat and got to watch the sunset...

What a perfect way to end our trip!! It was so much fun and just the perfect place for me and Josh to get a little R & R. I am so thankful we got to go and thankful for the hospitality of his Mom and step dad. Family is so important and being around them is like a breath of fresh air. We have gone through so many struggles this year and the fact that we were able to go is such a blessing. We can't wait to go back!!

2 lovely comments:

Heather said...

I am so glad that you FINALLY got a small taste of what you deserve... You work so hard, and totally needed to be pampered. There is nothing better than getting the heck outta town for a bit. Also your pictures are amazing!

Nicki Swilor said...

I LOVE San Diego. I want to be laying on the beach and searching for sea shells right now! Glad you got a nice relaxing trip!

 

Gemini Queen | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates