Christmas Window Decorating Contest

Saturday, December 06, 2008

So before Thanksgiving break, Heather and I got a newsletter from our office's complex announcing a window decorating contest! The first prize is for $1000, 2nd prize $500, and 3rd prize $250. They showed pictures of last years winners and we thought "Hell, we can do way better than that!"

So we thought up a cute and creative idea to tie in our real estate business with Christmas. Santa & Mrs. Claus have had enough with the North Pole so they decide to have RE/MAX sell their home. Then after they pack their moving boxes in their sleigh, Santa pictures a sunny warm place they are moving to.

At first I thought I could do this painting myself, but after thinking of all the details and time it would take me while still working my job (and the deadline of Dec. 4th) we decided to ask the pros for some bids. After seriously searching, we found The Sign Hub, which created a proof for us with awesome graphics showing our idea exactly! It would be a custom sticker/decal that would go on our front entrance windows and doors. We loved it and decided if we win first prize, we could pay off what it cost to purchase the decals...plus have a little left over for us to split.

So after getting approval from the broker and fine tuning our order, we decided we were going to hold our breath and DO IT! It was pretty nerve wracking considering all of the other shops work going on around us. Other stores hired some painting professionals and we knew we had some serious competition... even after asking some of the agents for their opinions whether we could win or not, we were put down and told our idea would only make 3rd place!! That only put more fire in my eyes and more desire to win... because me and Heather never back down from a challenge! We have a history of winning every art project our office throws at us and always having fun with it. We decided that if the decals weren't enough I was going to do some other holiday paintings on our side windows so that we could be confident we could win!! Pros.. shmos... we could DO this!

Thursday, December 4th was one of the best days I worked. I got all of the paints I needed, got all of my ideas collected, and pretty much painted outside all day! I didn't even notice the freezing weather because I was so focused and enjoying every minute! I got a lot of compliments from the agents, since my artistic abilities aren't exposed very often. Now I'm starting to wonder if I should be in real estate or working in the art industry!

Here is our office windows completed and ready for judgement!


Front Entrance

Santa's house SOLD by RE/MAX!

All packed up and ready for some surfing!
Notice the U-HAUL sled and snowflake swimming trunks!

This is my Happy Holidays painting!
(I stole the idea offline but free-handed it!)

Heather begged me to do a Christmas tree.. here's a closeup...


The winners will be announced next Friday, December 12th... wish us luck!!!

4 lovely comments:

Nicki Swilor said...

You are so gonna win! It looks awesome. I think I might have to drive by and see it for myself. Good work girls!

Tyler & Macy Kennett said...

Wholy cow! Shit girl you are good.

Jess and Augest said...

WOW... that looks so good. I will totally be shocked if you don't win. Good job!! You and Heather do kick butt as a team. I miss you girls! Love ya!!

Deborah said...

I love your designs! I can definitely see why you won. I especially love the Happy Holidays and the Christmas Tree :)

 

Gemini Queen | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates