To Tattoo or Not to Tattoo? That is the question.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

So I've been thinking about getting a tattoo now for quite a while. About a year to be exact.

I always hated tattoos growing up and thought they looked dirty. Now it seems the tattoo trend has grown.. everyone wants to get one now a days! Shows like Miami Ink and L.A. Ink showed me that it's more than just a tattoo.. it's an art form... and they are very deep and meaningful to a lot of people. Like a constant reminder of who you were at that time in your life. It's just so PERMANENT! Kinda freaks me out a little that I will be an old granny with saggy tats. HAHA.

So here are some of my ideas, tell me what you think:

I would love to get one symbolizing my Gemini zodiac sign. I was thinking of getting 2 women figures on my back, one an angel and one a devil. That's where my mind starts to wander. Should they be on opposite sides of my back, maybe looking at each other? Or I thought they could have their backs showing, holding hands, and looking back over the shoulder. Or back to back. I'm not quite sure, but I know I would want something symbolizing the Gemini and not just the sign itself. Or maybe a mix of both...

And then there's my crown idea. My mom named my sisters and I after queens for our middle names because her daughters are her queens! My older sister's is Amber Elizabeth, then there's me, Kristen Victoria, and my younger sister Alecia Catherine. I was originally thinking of getting a really decorative cursive V with a queen crown on top of it. Or maybe just the crown itself. I was thinking to get it on the back of my neck or the back of my shoulder. I'm still searching for the perfect crown design though.

And then there's another one I have, I will probably save this one for later when I've gotten used to having tats, not to mention the crazy amount of money it would cost. But I thought it would be really pretty to have like a string of orchids or different flowers going down my stomach area, starting up on my side and then coming down to around my belly button. I'd have to start liking my stomach to get this one but I love the idea.

Nicki's wedding in Vegas next month? Sounds like the perfect amount of time for me to decide what to get!

3 lovely comments:

jan said...

hey girl...just had it all written down and lost it all due to not having a "blog" account. Have to say I love yours...very creative. I also noticed you didn't mention that your Aunt Jan has a tatoo...my butterfly on my ankle. Finally braved it after Sebby died. It is representative of "change"...the metamorphisis of life. "Just when he thought his world was over...he became a butterfly". What more can I say. Change has been constant and you either go with it or die. Everyday I look at my butterfly and totally understand why it has become such an important and meaningful part of my now life. The only advice I can offer you, Kristen, is to think carefully before and where on your body you tattoo...it is for the rest of your life...just be creative and know it will be something of beauty, now and later in life. As always...I love you and miss you and think of you often.

Unknown said...

Hi!

I accidentially came across you blog coz im thinking of getting a crown tattoo too. about yours - i really like the idea that your mother named you as queens, so if you get a crown this will be really symbolic!

i think you really need to be sure about you really want, maybe you've searched the web to find out about the meanings of the tattoos. although some of them depend on what you meaning you yourself see in them.

i dont think a tattoo on your belly is a good idea unless you have a really nice belly and keep it in shape, since you know most women face the "ageing" of that part of the body in time. it might not look good when you are fifty or something. but thats just my personal opinion, probably coz my own belly sux lol

angel and devil tattoo is good one too, but i think you might get tired of it soon, well of course it depends on what style they are made in. but i heard these kinds of tattoos might look silly to the wearer, especially again with age.

i think crown or V with a crown on top is the best idea, its serious, symbolic, has a deep meaning and is believed to bring luck (the crown, i made some research)

good luck to you with all this! i hope you choose what you really like and will like it for a long time!

AB

Unknown said...

oh and also about the part of your body. this will also depend on the level of visibility you prefer, and this in turn may be affected by the style of you life. for example, if you are a lawyer and work in a big company with a very formal style, then for example a tattoo on your neck might be not appropriate in a way coz its a rather visible part of body. but if you are ok with that, than its not a problem!

AB

 

Gemini Queen | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates