Sunday with Amber

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I was so excited to see my older sister this past weekend!!

It's hard to find enough time to see each other when we live an hour away from each other (for some reason she decided to live in Ogden *gags*). But the woman is my only family here so I have to make time.

We decided to meet in Layton to have lunch at Winger's and then we went and saw "The Women" which by the way is SUCH a good movie!! Go with your best friend, sister, or mom. I seriously don't remember seeing a male in the entire movie! It was really funny and had a great story about friendships and relationships. And Meg Ryan looks really good for being what... almost 50 now? Check out the trailer here.

Then we decided to grab some coffee and go check out bargain deals in the mall. My sister is the queen of bargain shopping. The girl is just talented! She goes into the high end stores like Dillard's, Macy's, Banana Republic.. etc and goes straight to the clearance section. She usually never spends more than $10 or $15 on a shirt. Kinda made me want to start taking maybe like $20 out of every paycheck. That gives me $40 to work with... which could turn into 3 or 4 shirts! Sounds like a good deal to me.

I'm more of a "oooh that's pretty" shopper and I get the new stuff displayed in the front of the stores. It feels good at first until a couple months later I see the same shirt I paid $40 for on the clearance rack marked down to $15. They just don't look happy all bunched together in those clearance racks :( Well I'm going to start taking my sister's advice and I'm going to discipline myself and only get what's on sale. I hate it but it's what I must do!!

I think my sister and I are starting to get a lot closer. I've started to be more honest with her lately and she's been really helpful when I tell her about my issues. She's not afraid to tell me her life isn't perfect and that sometimes she tends to go crazy. We're just women...

And we like it that way!

1 lovely comments:

Heather said...

OK, I am up for the challange too.... I will only Shop/Buy is it's on sale....

You Game?

 

Gemini Queen | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates