Do It Yourself!

Monday, October 27, 2008

So I have this huge blank wall above my couch and I've been wondering what the crap to decorate it with. Then I had this brilliant idea to gather all my picture frames and make a collage! It would create a nice focal point when you walk into the room and will also give it warmth and personality.

When you have tons of picture frames like I do you tend to scatter them around the house, but how cool would it be to group them all together and create a personalized piece of art? I plan on gathering all my favorite photos, printing them out in black & white and cropping them to my liking. I got this image when I searched in Google to show what I'm talking about:


To make the pictures pop even more you can block out the designated part of the wall with moldings and paint the inside a bold color to match your living space.

Don't have picture frames? I bet you can get a screamin' deal at thrift/discount stores or even garage sales. Make sure to get all different sizes to create interest.

You can leave the wood frames natural if that matches. Or even better- pick out a color that matches your space, lets say brown, and pick out 2 different shades in spray paint, and go for a two-tone effect!

What do ya think?? I'm totally doing this- it is so cheap and easy! I'll make sure to post pictures after I'm done!

3 lovely comments:

Nicki Swilor said...

I like that idea! I have so many pictures and no room for them all anymore. I might have to consider this. Hmmmm

Anonymous said...

oh man that is genius! i cant wait to see it! lets put it together this weekend, ya wanna?

Heather said...

Dude that is a way good freaking idea! I totally love it!

 

Gemini Queen | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates