"Wisdom Tooth Tale" featuring Brian Regan

Friday, June 05, 2009

So last weekend I had the lovely experience of getting my wisdom teeth removed. . .

To say the least I had a lot of built up anxiety about it. I had never been under any anesthesia in my life and the thought of a doctor prying my mouth open and ripping 4 huge teeth out of my mouth really just freaked me out more than anything. I was glad I was going to be sleeping the whole time.

I decided to have it done on a Friday morning so I would have the weekend to heal and be able to return to work the following Monday, hoping I wouldn't resemble a chipmunk. I went in that morning and they took me into a back room. They gave me an IV and I became really relaxed. The last thing I remember was the dental assistant saying I was very pretty. . . I woke up an hour later crying hysterically feeling my mouth full of gauze. I guess the crying is a common side effect of the anesthesia, LOL.

It was a rough weekend, in the sense that my mouth hurt like a B, but percocets became my new best friend and I ate lots of pudding and mashed potatoes. I'm healed up a lot better right now, still a little annoying but hopefully in a week the discomfort will be gone.

Anyway, I tell this "Wisdom Tooth Tale" because I came across a YouTube video of Brian Regan doing part of his Improv stand up comic act. In it he tells a joke about wisdom teeth, along with some other hilarious stories. If you have never heard of Brian Regan, you should get to know him. His voices, his stories, and his unique non-cussing makes him one of the best comedians I know today. Enjoy this video. . . it made my day!


1 lovely comments:

Lauren said...

Oh my goodness Kristen! Did I sound like THAT?! LOL! I'm glad you are feeling better! Brian Regan is so hilarious! I love your posts, thanks for sharing your thoughts! Hugs! Lauren

 

Gemini Queen | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates