St. George Trip!!!

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I was so excited to head down to St. George for a fun and relaxing girls weekend with my friend Hailey! We made a pact to forget all of our worries and leave them at home. We were ready to have ourselves a kick ass time!!

Driving down was long but so beautiful! With the help of Hailey's iPod we were singing along to Biggie, Salt'n'Peppa, and Bonnie Raitt!!

We were going to be staying at Hailey's sister Ashley's house
(or "Ashwipe" as we like to call her :) These two aren't as innocent as they look!!


*COCKTAILS!!*

We didn't waste anytime!! Rum & Cokes + Tequila shots were the start to one CRAZY night!! My good ol' friend Macy came over later- it was so good to see her face again! As we shared our stories we all were laughing so hard my cheek muscles started to hurt! I honestly couldn't remember the last time I have laughed so hard... it felt great.

Here are some of my favorite pics we took that night:

The next day we laid by the pool in the afternoon and later went down to visit Hailey & Ash's Dad and Stepmom. They cooked us these amazing cheeseburgers and made us ice cream sundaes complete with a cherry on top. I felt so special :)

Afterward we headed to the Outlet stores for some shopping and decided to take the scenic route. It was so gorgeous in person- these pictures do not do it justice!

After shopping for some new clothes we got all dressed up to go out to Mesquite for a little drinkin' and gamblin'!

I learned that penny slots are where it's at!! Hailey's fav is Betti the Yetti. I swear those slot machines love her- she won so much money!! I was cheering for myself when I won 40 cents- meanwhile Hailey is winning $3 and $5 at a time with no problem. Lucky Beyotch. After several watered down drinks and zero buzz, we thought our money would be better spent at home with a bottle from the liquor store. Good call!

The next day we did some more lounging and shopping. We knew we would have to be leaving soon, so for the last hour we laid out by Ashley's community pool which sits on top of a hill with amazing views of the St. George valley- red rocks everywhere. I was in heaven with that sun shining down on us and did not want to leave!

We took a few last pictures together and slowly got our butts moving dreading the fact that we were about to go back to reality. Who would want to go back to work after a trip like this! I seriously could have stayed there all day.

On the way back despite the fact that Hailey's iPod had died, her CD's got left at Ashley's, and all that was on the radio was Jesus tunes, we saw this beautiful rainbow! It was the perfect way to end the weekend.

As we drove back into more rainclouds and stormy skies, I smiled as I looked through the pictures on my camera. Life is all about making memories and being with the people you love. We didn't have a care in the world and I know I will look back and smile every time. Even though I knew tomorrow was going to be back to stress and the every day hustle, I held on to being in that carefree state of mind as long as I could.

I thought of when Hailey, Macy & I all stopped in the middle of our drunken giggles that Friday night and sang along to Bob Marley:

"Don't worry about a thing,
cuz every little thing is gonna be alright."


Well said Bob, well said. :)

1 lovely comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my hell, this is the best blog ever!!! i had so so much fun this weekend and we got such good pics!!! here are a few key memories. . .

the guy honkin in the diesel truck with the jason mask hanging from the rear view window. . . *shudders*

the bitches at the shops

the bartenders makin us bloody marys

me pimping ashley out to the hick guy

how i threw a huge fit and was pushed to the cliff of insanity ready to jump off cuz the only thing to listen to was JESUS JAMS!! i swear the church has a mandate that church music stations MUST have a signal to cover the entire state of utah. we cant have people rising against the cult leaders!!!

 

Gemini Queen | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates