Movie Review: "Changeling"

Wednesday, June 03, 2009


"Los Angeles, 1928. A single mother returns from work to find her nine-year-old son gone. She calls the LAPD to initiate a search. Five months later, a boy is found in Illinois who fits the description; he says he's her son. To fanfare and photos, the LAPD reunite mother and son, but she insists he's not her boy. The cops dismiss her as either a liar or hysterical. When she joins a minister in his public criticism of the police, they in turn use government power to silence and intimidate her. Meanwhile, a cop goes to a dilapidated ranch to find a Canadian lad who's without legal status; the youth tells a grisly tale. There's redress for murder; is there redress for abuse of power?" (courtesy of IMBD.com)

WOW is all I have to say after viewing this film! In my opinion it was very well done and held onto my interest the entire time. I'm not a huge fan of Angelina, but I really applaud her performance in this drama/thriller in addition to all of the other stellar performances. The true story exposed the LAPD for what they were in the 1920's... corrupt. It was unbelievable to me what citizens had to go through to get justice in those days. This film will make your mouth drop, maybe make you cry and cringe, but I promise you will remember this woman's story forever. I give it 5 stars. . . definitely worth renting.

0 lovely comments:

 

Gemini Queen | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates