“Our life is composed greatly from dreams, from the unconscious, and they must be brought into connection with action. They must be woven together.”

Thursday, July 24, 2008

I was browsing through my Facebook friends this morning and thought to see what my old friend Liz is up to. I went looking through some of her photos and was amazed by what I saw. She had traveled to Spain for a semester which a huge group of friends and taken over 1,000 pictures! I saw her dancing, site seeing, just living really and you could tell she had been having the time of her life. I also saw my younger sister's vacation to Italy and all of her adventures there. It amazes me! I feel like I have skipped that part of adventure in my life and gone straight to responsibility and hard work, like I'm going on 30. I'm only 21 years old and I have kept my mind set on whats going to happen next, how we're going to pay the bills, worrying about everything instead of doing the things that I WANT to be doing with my life. So in a sense I haven't been living, I've been dealing, and maybe dreaming of things but always putting them off for another day. What if I don't have another day? What experiences am I going to remember most?

I've heard the saying, "...that's on my life list..."and thought maybe it's time I put my own life list together showing all the things and goals I'm determined to make happen before I die. I'm not setting a limit or anything, I haven't actually thought about it until now so I did a little research on how to create your "life list." It can be tricky because you can get carried away writing down all the things you can imagine to do and they aren't always realistic which can set you up for disappointment. Everything I write down I want to seriously make it happen and if I know it's a long shot I'm going to take it off. I know some of my goals will change as I get older but for now here is what I put together:

In no specific order...

-Vacation in Italy or Ireland
-Go on a cruise
-Para sail
-Perform a dance routine in front of an audience
-Get into a form of exercise (whether it be running, pilates, kick boxing, cycling...etc) and get in the best shape of my life doing it.
-Graduate college
-Pose for a pin-up girl photo shoot
-Go to NYC for New Years Eve
-Get a tattoo and never regret it
-Horseback riding, anywhere! I just want to ride a horse.
-Buy a fixer upper home, remodel, and make it my dream home
-Take tons and tons of pictures and put them together in scrapbooks

That's all I can think of right now! I'm sure I'll be adding to it as things cross my mind :)

2 lovely comments:

Nicki Swilor said...

Ok, little miss brilliant mind. This is the 2nd post I want to "steal" from you. What a good idea. I hate feeling like I'm in a rut just living day to day. After my trip to Canada and having so much fun, I want to keep it up. Life list is now on my to do list, as well as a Murphy blog.

Heather said...

OK, so I totally can help you accomplish some of these goals... I would love to exercise with you, I could take the pictures for your pin up photo shoot... finally I'd be thrilled to write a children’s book with you... You illustrate it though! I like your list a lot... just remember you don't have to complete these all in a year, you have your whole life ahead of you... Get all your hard work done early, and you'll have tons of time to play with your husband in your 40's-ish.

 

Gemini Queen | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates