Things to think about...

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I received an e-mail from my mom the other day and it listed 24 things that I too often forget. I thought I would share my top 10 favorites with you, and wish that we all remember these important but simple things throughout this new year:

1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.

2. Sit in ::SILENCE:: for at least 10 minutes each day. Talk to God (or a friend) about what is going on in your life.

3. Drink Green Tea and Plenty of Water. Eat Blueberries, Wild Alaskan Salmon, Broccoli, Almonds and Walnuts.

4. Try to make at least 3 people smile each day :)

5. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts, or things you cannot control. Instead, invest your energy on the positive present moment.

6. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.

7.
DON'T TAKE YOURSELF TOO SERIOUSLY... no one else does.

8. Don't compare your life to others... you have no idea what their journey is all about.

9.
However good or bad a situation is, it will CHANGE.

10. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.

1 lovely comments:

Nicki Swilor said...

5. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, VAMPIRES, issues of the past, negative thoughts, or things you cannot control. Instead, invest your energy on the positive present moment.

This is my favorite. I laughed when I read the email too. I love that they threw in VAMPIRES.

 

Gemini Queen | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates