Missing Connecticut

Saturday, July 25, 2009




With my mom & dad being in town this last month, I've been missing my hometown more than ever.

Here are a few things I miss about living in Connecticut:

The endless rolling hills full of trees or what I called "broccoli fields" when I was little
The fact that Connecticut was one of the 13 colonies and has such historic attributes
How you can drive 45 minutes and be out of the state
Having 4 consistent seasons, none of which are more extreme than the other
Curvy and narrow roads we liked to call "roller coaster roads"
Cape & Colonial style homes that were built as early as the 1700's
Friendly's Fries and Dunkin Donuts Coffee
Family owned businesses & restaurants that have been around for years
Having beach, country and city closeby
The fact that only 2% of the state is LDS
Being a democratic state
Fireflies, hot air balloons, light houses & covered bridges.

But most of all, I miss having my family & friends right around the corner.

Who knows, one of these days I might be able to convince Josh to move back east! Doubtful... but possible :)

1 lovely comments:

Taunya said...

How did you get your blog so cute?

 

Gemini Queen | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates